The 8th annual Metuchen Junebug ArtFest kicks off on Friday evening, June 5th from 6:00 - 10:00 pm with an enticing line-up of open air art exhibits, interactive events and live performances throughout the streets downtown Metuchen.Event dates for 2015 are June 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th from 6:00 - 10:00 pm on Main Street.
Community members of all ages are invited to feast their eyes on a spectacular array of arts and crafts in oil, acrylics, watercolors, photography, sculpture, glass, precious stones, and textiles - as well as rock and jazz musicians, dance performances, film screenings and open mic sessions at various locations.
This year's Junebug will feature a renowned chalk artist and window gallery competition:
· With the help of a successful Kickstarter fundraising campaign, the Junebug planning committee was able to invite Anthony Cappetto a renowned sidewalk chalk artist who specializes in the art form of 3D illusionary street painting. He will create a fun, whimsical and interactive piece featuring his version of a Junebug, which will be designed in front of Borough Hall over a 3 - 4 day period for completion and unveiling on Friday June 12th.
· Juried Window Gallery Competition - Downtown Metuchen businesses will host a series of storefront window displays showcasing the work of established artists throughout the month of June. Visitors are invited to tour the galleries and vote for "People's Choice," and "Best Designed Exhibit." All voting will be done digitally via the Junebug Mobile App - or, if you are an iPhone user, via the link to the ballot (http://tinyurl.com/juneBugWindows). Two museum curators will review the exhibits and award a "Best 2-D Artist" and "Best 3-D" Artist. Voting begins opening night and continues through Thursday, June 18. Awards will be announced Friday, June 19.
· Old Franklin Schoolhouse Shed Mural - Three professional artists will paint a large mural on the shed behind the Schoolhouse throughout the month of June. The public is invited to watch them create their larger than life painting incorporating their unique styles and create their own artwork alongside them.
Friday, June 6th - Opening Night Interactive Events:
· 7:00 pm -Junebug Sculpture Unveiling on Main Street in front of the Metuchen Savings Bank; graphic arts educator and illustrator Lauren Rabinowitz (Lauren the Cartoon Goddess) has fabricated this year's sculpture from recycled materials, and it is also interactive (visitors can sit on it!). The annual Junebug sculpture presides over the month-long event, and its unveiling signals the official start of the ArtFest.
· 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Preschool of Rock at Borough Hall (+ sign language interpreter)
· 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Lollipop Land Live Music from The Toscano Family Band
· 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Richard Reiter Drum Circle at the Senior Center
· 6:00 - 9:00 pm - Bringing Art to Life - Join instructors from the Academy of Art of Highland Park as they demonstrate a range of drawing techniques and media . . . with some face painting thrown into the mix
· 6:00 - 8:00 pm - Community Preschool Student Art Show @ the Old Franklin Schoolhouse
Friday, June 6th - Opening Night Live Performances:
· 6:00 - 7:00 pm @ Main Stage - Metuchen High School Bands
· 6:00 - 9:00 pm @ Metuchen Public Library - The Write Stuff Writers' Workshop
· 7:00 - 8:00 pm @ Hailey's Harp & Pub - The eMKays - Jazz/Blues/Folk/Rock
· 7:15 - 7:45 pm @ Main Stage - Kinova Alponse - Gospel
· 8:00 - 8:45 pm @ Main Stage - The Rollbacks - Latin/Jazz/Rock
· 9:00 - 9:45 pm @ Main Stage - Foxtrot - Rock/Pop/Grunge
You are invited to join the Richard Hale Memorial YMCA Charity Golf Classic on June 9, 2015 at the Metuchen Golf and Country Club. As a golfer, sponsor, or both, you will experience the legacy of Richard "Dick" Hale by supporting the YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge and South Amboy's Send a Kid to Camp Scholarship Fund. Dick's tireless efforts as a YMCA champion created a standard of generosity we are committed to steward. The YMCA awards over $80,000 of Financial Assistance each year for deserving families to send their children to summer day camp. Your participation in this golf outing will create a happier, safer summer for many children.
$250 per Golfer
$1,000 per Foursome
The Richard Hale Memorial YMCA Charity
Golf Classic Sponsorship Opportunities
From Metuchen Savings Bank:
Metuchen Savings Bank is pleased to announce that Ronald Severino has recently been hired as the Banks's Vice President/Chief Lending Officer. Formerly, the Chief Lending Officer with Hilltop Community Bank, Mr. Severino has extensive commercial lending expertise, bringing over 40 years of experience in the banking industry with him.
You can contact Mr. Severino at 732-548-7400 ext. 6311 to discuss your Commercial Real Estate lending needs. For more information about the bank's products and services visit our website at metuchensavingsbank.com.
Community Nursery School
supports JuneBug 2015!
On Friday, June 5th from 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Stop in at the Old Franklin School House
to see art work displayed by many of the
5-year-old students at CNS. The children are pleased
to display their work and can't wait to show it to you!
The Metuchen Arts Council is pleased to announce the third annual Art in the Garden Tour will be held on Sunday, June 7th, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. During the self-guided tour of five residential gardens in Metuchen, visitors can enjoy live music, visual art and some extraordinary local gardens at the peak of early summer bloom.
Tickets can be purchased in advance for $20 at the following Metuchen location: Marafiki Fair Trade on New Street; The Brass Lantern on Main Street in downtown Metuchen; Gardenias Floral on the corner of Main Street and Amboy Avenue; and the Metuchen Arts and Recreation Office at Borough Hall, corner of Main and Middlesex Avenue.
On the June 7th, the day of the event, tickets for the Art in the Garden Tour will be on sale for $25 at Borough Hall, where the tour will begin at 1:00 p.m.
The Art in the Garden Tour is sponsored by the Metuchen Arts Council. All proceeds from this event will benefit arts programing in Metuchen. For more information, contact Nancy Goldberg at (732) 632-8502 or email@example.com.
WHEN: Sunday, May 17th, 2015
WHERE: The Rotunda Gallery, Metuchen Borough Hall, corner of Main Street and Middlesex Avenue (Rte 27), Metuchen, NJ
PRESENTER: The Metuchen Arts Council
CONTACT: Nancy Goldberg, (732)632-8502/ firstname.lastname@example.org